Power Purple Salad
Salads sound boring, right? Yet, we all know its one, if not, THE most healthiest dish for us. So how do we resolve the boring factor? Why not try a colorful, mouth-watering, nutrient power packed Purple Salad?! This is not only healthy, but will aesthetically pleasing. Nutrient-packed doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice an appetizing presentation. Perfect time for this salad is during the summertime because there’s a specific point at early summer purple fruit and vegetables are not only ripe, but at their brightest. Of course, this salad not only appears delicious, but provides a variety of textures of shades of color making appear crisp, refreshing, and a colorful chopped salad. This salad is a great accompaniment to pork or lamb, chicken, or grilled beef. Want to know how to make this powerful, colorful salad?
- 2 Purple Bell Peppers, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion, halved, and thinly sliced
- 4 Figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup of Champagne Grapes (or other purple variety, halved)
- 2 cups Purslane, larger leaves pulled off stems with small bunches of leaves left on tender stems
- 4 to 6 small Purple Carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 4 small Plums, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup purple Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 small head Radicchio, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil, plus more as needed
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
In a salad serving bowl, toss together the peppers, onion, figs, grapes, purslane, carrots, plums, tomatoes, and radicchio. Make the vinaigrette in a small bowl by whisking together the vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper for taste. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad mixture in the bowl and toss. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more vinegar or olive oil as needed, and serve.
To stay updated with more recipes like this, don’t forget to sign-up!